Friday, November 21, 2008

Chapter 19: week of head spinning

WOW what a crazy week we have had & the weekend is going to be even more head spinning! Holiday season is so bitter sweet, the stress, the fighting, the work, the money, the "fallen" friends & family but the blessings, dreams, wishes, little hands & smiles, the love & closeness of family & friends, you have got to love this time of year. Thanksgiving is just around the corner with Christmas & birthday season for our huge family trailing close behind.
Let's see Sage started to hurt pretty bad monday & just kept getting worse by thurday she wasn't eating, hardly drinking & just laid there wimpering. I took her to the walk in & turns out she picked up a lovely bacterial-yeast infection in her mouth & down her throat from surgery. So now she is on 4 different meds that she fights taking with all her might & we are praying no one else ends up with it. She is so miserable, constant fever & it must be very painful because she hardly complains normally but she isn't talking just wimpering & wanting to be held & pointing down her throat. My poor little princess.
In good news though, Felix lost his first tooth Thursday night. It had been loose for awhile now & i tried to pull it out but it was just so tiny I couldn't get a grip. Well Felix & Kash were rolling around on the floor pretending to be stream rollers. Next thing you know Felix is running around the house super excited & screaming "my tooth my tooth it fianlly came out" Then he turns to me & says all happy as a clam "all I needed was my brothers help" too cute! So Felix puts his tooth in a ziplock bag so his tooth wouldn't fall under his bed & get lost so the tooth fairy wouldn't leave him any money. I was so excited to get to play tooth fairy. The next morning when he woke up there was 5 $1 bills under his pillow & you would have thought he had won the lottery! He was so happy & kept saying he was going to tell everyone at school all about it. Well he has another lose tooth that shoudl be out any day, so he says to me "mom mom I have another tooth that will come out soon & i'll get another 5 dollars, so if I save this 5 dollars & get another 5 dollars I can buy a cooler toy then if I just used this 5 dollars cause then I would have 10 whole dollars" what a crazy little kid, i'm happy he is getting the concept of saving & money, I must be doing something right. lol
In Kash news, he is doing better & better. He is my cuddly lover boy, he gives the best hugs. He is still learning more & more words. Working on his balance & all around gracefulness considering he is a huge clutz but hey so am I. Kash has become a HUGE elmo fan. So he spends most of his day talking about Melmo (as he calls elmo) & trying to get as many treats from abuela as possible. Oh yeah he also has started copying Felix. Sage was feeling exspecially crappy late thursday afternoon & Felix was trying to cheer her up. So Felix is touching Sage's knee with one finger & then falling on the floor saying "sage you got me" & things like that. Well here comes Kash teetering in & usually he would just watch for a few seconds & off he would go but this day he watched for a little bit & all of a sudden he was doing the same thing. It was really kool. Kash is kind of my loner kid, I have a feeling he is going to be just like me as he grows up. Quietly observing his surroundings, loving books & school, just having a few really close friends & can quietly occupy himself.
Tonight after work D surprised me by bringing me a coffee & we decided to run to target to get a bunch of stuff we needed. As we were walking in D was carrying Kash I was carrying Sage who was hiding in her blanket & Felix between. So Kash is pointing at Sage & saying Baby Baby trying to talk to D about Sage. Well Kash is the youngest so D is telling him no you are the baby Kash is the baby & Kash looked right at him & says No I'm Not! 2 very hysterical things, first Sage & Kash call each other baby, I find it entertaining I have to wonder how they see each other if you know what I mean, I hope so cause I'm not sure I can explain it right now I'm so tired. Secondly, Kash doesn't say very many words, just single words like he can't really name things like chair, bottle...he can with a few things but that is what he has been working on & he talks alot but it's mostly just jibberish with phrases & sentences hidden in you just have to listen closely he has always done that. like he will follow you around & say what are you doing (that is exactly what he will say too, it's not like little kid talk) but he can't tell you what a chair is....i just find it very uniquely wierd!
So anyways i'm going to enjoy my rest cause tomorrow we are exchanging furniture with my mom it's a great way of having "new furniture" & change of scenery with out having to spend a bunch of money. And we have to go buy a new TV thank goodness for gift cards! And we have the local adoption celebration tomorrow! It's going to be a very long but short weekend!

No comments: