Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Chapter 23: our first christmas all together

So as you can see we survived the holidays! Felix was very excited with the thought of Christmas right around the corner. We didn't unfortunately get any pictures of the kids with Santa this year, considering the babies were both too scared & Felix just didn't want to wait in line since he had already emailed & sent a letter to Santa, he figured he was set. D & I along with the 3 kids & my parents set off on an adventure at the tree farm about a week before Christmas. Felix searched & searched and finally he found us our perfect tree & we all took turns to cut it down. Felix was really proud of his tree. Our adventure was soon cut short though with a new blizzard that was heading our way. So many blizzards in December this year it's very wierd isn't that supposed to happen in january?! On Sunday afternoon we decorated the tree. The babies got really excited when we brought the tree in the house & they started dancing all around it. Felix got to put the star on top. All the kids got super excited when I added all the presents! Christmas Eve was pretty good. We went to my brother & his wife's house & had supper. We played games & just had a generally nice time. Christmas Day was at my house this year. It was so nice having the whole family over & cooking for everyone. I even went & picked up my Grandma Mary for the day which I still find so amazing. To think that 3 years in a row now we have spent Christmas together, when before we never talked to each other. The kids loved all their presents & it was like a snow storm of paper as they unwrapped them. I have to say our first Christmas with all our babies finally home was amazing!

No comments: